Are you interested in sport? Do you represent an Academy team or play for a club outside of the Academy? If the answer is YES then BTEC Sport is the course for you. The Sports and Leisure is one of the most dynamic and exciting industries in the world today. It has seen tremendous growth in terms of job opportunities in coaching, personal training, teaching and also further education.
Are you interested in sport? Do you represent an Academy team or play for a club outside of the Academy? If the answer is YES then BTEC Sport is the course for you. The Sports and Leisure industry is one of the most dynamic and exciting in the world today. It has seen
tremendous growth in terms of job opportunities in coaching, personal training, teaching and also further education.
A BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma is a practical, work-related course, where you will
experience a variety of units that give you an insight into the world of sport, fitness and
leisure. You learn by completing and leading practical assessments and writing
assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands.
In Year 12 you will study units 1, 2, 3 and 7 which will gain you the BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Sport equivalent to one AS grade A-C.
- Unit 1 is The Principles of Anatomy and Physiology for Sport and will cover aspects of the human body when taking part in physical activity.
- Unit 2 studies the Physiology of Fitness and students learn about how to test for a variety of components.
- Unit 3 is about assessing risk in sport and you will be expected to complete assessments on a variety of activities and sporting venues.
- Unit 7 is Fitness Training and Programming where you will be expected to design and carry out a personal exercise plan.
In Year 13 you will study units 4, 5 and 8 which will gain you the BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary
Diploma in Sport equivalent to one A’ Level grade A-C.
- Unit 5 is Sports Coaching where students will be expected to deliver sessions to lower year groups in the academy or work closely with our feeder primary schools.
- Unit 4 looks at Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise where specific sports and the tests used with those areas will be researched and carried out.
- Unit 8 is Practical Team Sports where students are expected to perform to a high level in 2 sports; this could be outside of the Academy or through representing the Academy in a team
|Qualification equivalence:||A Level|
|Course contact:||Mr Gray|
|Assessment:||Examination and practical assessment|
|Additional entry requirements:||B in GCSE PE and C in Science|
|Suggested combinations:||Biology, History|